- Sample Preparation
- Ore crushing and grinding
- Bench scale gravity concentration
- Dense/ heavy media separation
- Magnetic separation
- Froth flotation
- Solid-liquid separation.
- Ore screening and classification using hydro-cyclones
- Leaching (hydrometallurgy)
|Shaking table for gravity concentration investigations||Pilot Leaching|
The section collaborates with the different universities in Tanzania by training their students during their field attachment and final year projects.
Currently the following courses offered:
- Practical Mineral Processing and The Basic Mineral Processing Flowsheet
- Crushing and Grinding – Fundamentals, Unit Operations and Circuit Optimization
- Flotation - Fundamentals , Unit Operations and Circuits
- Hydrometallurgy – The Leaching Process, Purification of Leach Solutions and Precipitation from Leach Solutions
- Cyanide in Mining - Techniques of Gold Cyanidation
- Extractive Metallurgy - Metals, Ore Deposits and Minerals, Beneficiation, Extraction and Metallurgical Processes
- Metallurgical Balance And Process Control
- Mineral Economics and Evaluation
- Overview and Advancements in Mineral Processing and Characterization
- Sampling and Preparation Of Geological Materials for Laboratory Tests
- Industrial Minerals – Properties, Beneficiation and Value Addition
- Health, Safety and Environmental Management for the Extractive and Minerals Processing Industries
The courses are delivered for five days of both classroom learning and laboratory practicals. Participants who attend the entire short course and complete an evaluation at the end of the course will receive a Certificate of Attendance, confirming their participation and knowledge gained.
These courses are beneficial to and target, plant managers, operation managers, technical managers, metallurgists, engineers and researchers, engineering geologists, processing managers, suppliers, metallurgists, small scale mining entrepreneurs, materials managers. But all stakeholders in the mining and minerals business such as policy makers, regulators, and etc. are set to benefit from the courses above. It is also of value to students as well as research and academic personnel of universities. The course can also benefit service providers and suppliers to the mining industry.
Alex Mkama - Mineral Processing Engineer
Dachi Mahmoud - Mineral processing Technician .